All the students of the College is hereby directed to the follow the rules which applicable to them
1. Every student shall wear a clean and decent dress.
a) Men student: Shirt: Full sleeve White Colour Pants: Black Colour Footwear: Black Shoe.
b) Women student: White Saree and Black blouse / Salwar Kameez Churidar with Black Pant, White Tops and Black Dupatta, Black Waist Coat Footwear: Black colour
2.On Lecturers entering the class-room the students shall arise and remain standing till they are directed to sit or till the Lecturers take their seats.
3. No student shall be allowed to leave the class¬room or enter the class - room without the permission of the Lecturer.
4. The use of Camera Cellphones and Cellphones on the Campus is banned and those students in possession of mobiles must see that the instrument is switched off in the Classrooms.
5. No student shall take part in any political agitation directed against the authority of the Government.
6. Every student who wishes to leave the class¬room during the class hours, even for a short-time must take the permission of the Lecturer concerned. If a student is found absent without such permission even for a portion of the hour he will be marked absent for the entire hour. A student coming to the class five minutes after the commencement of the hour or leaving the class before the completion of the hour is not eligible for attendance for that hour unless he/she obtains prior permission from the lecturer concerned. Any student who is marked absent during any hour will be marked absent for the entire day.
7. No complaint regarding non-marking of attendance in respect of persons who are not found in the class will be entertained. Students are themselves liable to be expelled from the College for willful and persistent absence and for any other habitual or other bad behaviour.
8. Normally the course of instruction for classes will commence in July. The academic year will have two semesters consisting of 90 working days for each semester. The academic year will thus consist of about 180 days for 1st year B.L. (Three Year Course)
9. Students are expected (a) to attend regularly every working day throughout the academic year, (b) to give written notice to the principal of every absence together with the reason therefore (c) wherever possible to obtain prior permission from the principal for absence.
10. Days on which the college examinations are held shall not be included among the days in which the attendance may be earned and the examination shall not count as hours of instruction.
11. Attendance at college examination is compulsory and absence will only be excused for valid reasons. Leave of absence should be applied for before¬hand in all possible cases. Illness will not be accepted as a valid reason unless the absentee produces a medical certificate signed by a recognised doctor that he was not in fit condition to attend the college on the day or days of the examination in question.
12. The certificate enabling the student to sit for the University Examination will not be granted unless the student has a) earned 75% of the attendance for the semester; b) satisfied the principal as to his conduct; and c) shown satisfactory progress. The progress of the student will be judged by his/her performance in the college examination.
13. The Principal may grant exemption to a student who has failed to 75% of the attendance prescribed and is unable to obtain his/her certificate of attendance, conduct and progress provided that -1) The shortage of attendance does not exceed 9% of the working days of the semester; and 2) the Principal considers that the reasons given for failure to keep the prescribed attendance are satisfactory.
No student will be admitted to the next year course unless he/she has
1) earned 75% of the attendance; and
2) satisified the Principal as to his/her conduct.
14. Smoking within the college campus is strictly prohibited. Any breach in this regard will warrant severe disciplinary action.
15. Students should not conduct meetings or functions in the classrooms or in the college campus. Any breach in this regard will warrant severe disciplinary action.
16. Firing of crackers in the college premises is strictly prohibited. Those who are found to have involved in such activity shall be removed from the rolls of the College.
17. Students should not issue any pamphlets or notices to the students inside the college campus.
18. The use of Camera Cell Phone in the campus is banned and those students in possession of mobile phones must see that the instrument is switched off in the class rooms and in the library. Any violation of these rules will be viewed seriously.
19. Consumption of alcohol by the students is strictly prohibited. Those who are found to have consumed any intoxicating liquor or other narcotic drugs shall be liable to be removed from the rolls of the college. They shall also be liable for criminal prosecution.
20. Ragging within or outside the college campus is strictly prohibited in accordance with the Tamil Nadu prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997. Any student directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates “ragging” within or outside the college campus shall be suspended immediately. On enquiry, if it is found true, the student shall be expelled from the College and the matter will be intimated to the Police for initiation of criminal prosecution under section 4 of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997.
21. Harassment of women within or outside the precincts of the college is strictly prohibited as per Tamil Nadu Eve Teasing Act, 1998 and section 3 of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Harassment of Women (Amendment) Act, 2002. If any student commits or participates in or abets eve-teasing within or outside the college campus shall be suspended and on enquiry if it is found true, the student shall be expelled from the College. If any complaint is made by an aggrieved person before the Principal with reference to eve-teasing, it will be intimated to the police for initiation of criminal prosecution as per section 5 (i) (b) of Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Harassment of Women (Amendment) Act, 2002.
22. Men students should not enter common room for women.
23. Students shall not loiter in the verandas or bring outsiders to the college at any time without the previous permission of the Principal.
24. The college is conducting classes in two sessions viz 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. AND 1.30 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. for both five years-B. A., B.L., Three year B.L., Course. Students should leave the college campus as and when their session is over.
25. Students are prohibited to sit on the parapet wall or on the foot steps in the college premises.
26. Any student damaging any college property shall be required to pay the cost of repair or replacement. He shall also be punished as the Principal may deem fit, under the circumstances of each case.
27. A student who has failed to clear the dues to the library, physical education department, N.S.S., Hostel and office will not be readmitted to the college until he clears all dues.
28. The Principal may frame and issue from time to time disciplinary rules of permanent or transitory character regulating the conduct of students within or outside the college precincts, so as to maintain the credit, usefulness and reputation of the college.
31. The Principal will inflict the following punishments in the interest of the students of the college:
(2) loss of attendance,
(3) loss of term certificates,
(5) expulsion and,
(6) any other punishment deemed fit under circumstances for maintaining discipline in the college.